Monday, August 10, 2009

Green and greener, and what it all means...

Green. How many have written oodles of words and paragraphs and books to discuss the idea of 'green' - being green, green building, greener environment, 'it's not easy being green', green products, green revolution, ad nauseam. Don't get me wrong - I'd bet I am greener than 80 percent of my eventual readers, and though this is not a contest, though I am not going to be writing exclusively with a reverence and seriousness like a sermon in church, the points I intend to make will hopefully bridge a few gaps in this world of competitive greenness and other things.

It's a color - but it's so much more, and I intend to write about what more being 'green' is.

This blog isn't going to be about strictly 'greenness' - it'll also be about people, about observations and experiences and indeed will cover my own exploits in this world to whatever extent I think they'll be of interest to the reader.

What this blog won't be about is preaching, television, movies (with rare exceptions), and sports.

I welcome comments, as most people do. And I especially welcome dialog - as few people do, and I do hope this blog can inspire some actual discussion.

The mission, as it were, of this blog is to simply relay some of my ideas, thoughts, discoveries and observations on living now to others who might be interested. If I can lure a few of you to this blog, I can assure you it won't be with candy or sex - well, not with candy anyway. It will be interesting, I promise, because I am a rather non-trad type whatever the f*&k that means. I can't promise that I'll be filling pages every day, but I will try to get some material out there each week. I will also be pasting in some writing from other places - because, hey- some of it is good and it's a shame that it wallows elsewhere if it's relevant here. Nobody pays me for this stuff, but I'd appreciate it if you see something that is a golden idea, that you consider giving me credit.

Hope to hear from you (currently shadowy figures who might be lurking and looking for something a little off the wall, but not so far as to be self indulgent silliness... yeah, I did just say silliness.) So enough silliness for now.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment