Friday, February 4, 2011

More trees


People have been milling around me all week, while I tend table at an education fair. It's interesting stuff, technology that is truly amazing, more in materials than gadgets, but there are plenty of both.

The sun is setting behind the Carson Range, the Toiyabe National Forest, and to the east is the Virginia Range. These mountains are beautiful in a stark, bare, but warm, toasted way. The Carson Range has some serious peaks - about 10,000 feet, most in the 6-8,000 range. It's different, stark, beautiful. This is the state of Death Valley too, but it's a ways away. Lake Tahoe is only about 20 miles, the largest alpine lake in the US.

My tour is over, but I just wanted to mention the beauty here, to drop a picture, your view through my eyes. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment